Is That Thunder You Hear in Southern Maryland?
With May being right around the corner, it is time to start preparing yourself for the season of thunderstorms here in Southern Maryland. While thunderstorm can happen at any time of the year, they are most common within in the months of May - August. A thunderstorm is considered severe when it contains one or more of the following: winds 57.5 mph or above, hail one inch or greater or a tornado. Here at SERVPRO of St. Mary's and Calvert Counties we want you to be safe during all storms!
Tips for Safety:
- When you hear thunder, go inside!
- Follow weather reports and warning signs
- Be prepared to change plans if weather premits
- Avoid windows, running water or using landlines phones
- Unplug appplicances and other electric devices
- If necessary take shelter in a vechile
- Avoid flooded areas, fast moving water can knock you down and take you away