What May Happen If Your Water Damage Is Not Treated?
When we see unexpected water in our home, we hope that it is just going to dry up and disappear. Unfortunately, that is not how it works. Water damage needs to be treated right away to avoid any further damage that will be created. You may be wondering what exactly might happen, so below we have provided you with some of the potentials.
- House Value Depreciates: Water damage can show far after the event if it is not taken care of properly. When you late try to sale your home, the value of your house will immediatley become lower with these shown damages.
- Electrical System: Water and electrics do not go hand in hand. If you have water damage it is important that a professional comes out to take a look to verify that your electrical system has not be damaged.
- Mold: Standing water that is not properly removed and dried can turn into mold. Mold will hide in areas that you cannot even see, which causes further damage to your home and can create health problems
- Toxic to your health: Water that has formed within your home could be caused by a busted pipe, toilet, dishwasher overflow, washing machine or other home system malfunctions that can contain bacteria, toxics, pollutants and sewage which can all be extremely hazardous to your health.
- Insects: Standing water creates a great environment for bugs. Many bugs need water to hatch their eggs, which can lead to an infestation of various bugs, bacteria and fungus.
If you have water damage within your home, it is important that the situation is taken care of immediately. SERVPRO of St. Mary's and Calvert Counties takes pride in their water damage restoration and clean up and we can be sure to take care of it for you!