2019 Beach Safety Tips!
Vacation is a time to relax with family and friends, not to be stressed or worried. Here at SERVPRO of St. Mary's and Calvert Counties, we want to make sure when you take that trip to the beach this summer you are being safe!
Things to remember:
- Always swim near a lifeguard, and never when they are not on duty!
- Ask the lifeguards about hazardous water conditions and things to look out for while taking a dip.
- The ocean is not a pool! Swim where you are comfortable.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Know where you are staying so if you drift away you can find your way back.
- Apply sunscreen regularly throughout the day and be sure to drink plenty of fluids.
- SMILE, you are at the beach! Enjoy your time and make smart/safe decisions.