July Fireworks In Southern Maryland!
The Fourth of July is such a great time of the year. So many family and friends coming together to celebrate our country and honor those troops who have found for the country we live in. Watching the fireworks crackle all over the dark sky is something that everyone looks for too every year and we want to make sure you are being responsible and safe with them!
Fireworks can be extremely dangerous; they can cause injuries such as burns, blindness and even death. By following a few simple rules, you can help prevent unwanted injuries.
- Never allows children play and ignite fireworks.
- Always have an adult present to supervise.
- Never place any part of your body directly over the firework while igniting. Maintain a good distance while lightening and immediately back up when lit.
- Have a clear open area to light the fireworks off. Never inside a building or in an area where the sparks can fall on objects creating a fire.
- Never try to relight a firework.
- Do not point or throw fireworks at each other.
- Have a water supply nearby in case of an emergency.
- Never carry fireworks in pockets or light them off in glass or metal.
- Once fireworks have completed their burnings, drench them in plenty of water and then dispose of them properly.
- Allows make sure your fireworks are legal.
Hand held sparklers can also be very dangerous. The above steps can be used to help prevent the chance of injuries.