Need Help Conserving Water In Your Southern Maryland Home?
The privilege of having a steady supply of clean water is one that not everyone around the world has. It is often times that we abuse and take for granted that privilege but with minimal care and a little common sense you can work to minimize your water waste.
Follow our tips to help conserve water at your St. Mary's or Calvert County home:
- Turn off all faucets while not in use: never leave the water running while you are washing dishes, brushing your teeth, washing your face or shaving.
- Check all faucets for leaks or drips and get them fix immediately
- While waiting for your water to warm up, save the cold water and repurpose it. Such as watering your plants or garden, or rinsing food off.
- Fill your sink with soapy water to rinse your dishes and reuse the water
- Scrape your dishes off instead of rinsing them before putting them in the dish washer. Only run the dish washer if there is a full load.
- Switch your toilet out to a Water-Sense toilet or a Dual-Flush toilet
- Take shorter showers
- If you have a small garden, avoid using the hose. Hand watering your plants can save gallons of water
- Capture rain water from gutters and downspout that can be used reused. Lay a cover over the bucket to keep bugs out.