Holiday Season Fire Prevention
The Holidays are here and you know what that means? Large Family gatherings with lots of food! With all this cooking it should come to no surprise that their is a increase of fires. According to the National Fire protection Association from 2014 to 2018 fire departments nationwide responded to approximately 172,900 cooking related fires, that averages out to 470 fires per day.
here are some tips to prevent cooking related fires,
- Never leave a cooktop unattended when in use.
- Use a timer to remind you when the food is done cooking.
- Don't Cook if you are sleepy or intoxicated.
- Keep Flammables away from stove tops.
- If you leave the kitchen shut off the stove top.
Here at SERVPRO of St. Mary's and Calvert Counties we hope you have a wonderful holiday season.